Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello from Meru!

It has been an exhausting day of constant traveling and eating. On the way to Meru, a 5hr drive, I was the most amazing opportunity to try out freshly catch trout in a tree house. Literally a big tree house. I have a video on my canon but I don't have computer to upload it. But the food is given in such generous portions, which makes me want to try my best to finish as much of it as possible. My stomach has been over-stuff. I probably will gain some lbs lol.








For a taste of Kenya, let me try to explain what I had for dinner here at the orphanage b/c I totally forgot to bring my iPod downstairs. I had brown rice-like rice, black bean mash potato, bean/mix vegetable soap, grilled tortilla, seasoned chicken wings, and homemade donuts (fluffy and not as heavy as American). I also had fresh cow milk ( hot) for my tea. So I had no hot water but hot milk which means I seep my tea bag in milk. Truly milk tea. 

Unfortunately tonight I do have running water so day 2 for no shower and no hair washing. :(( this makes me super sad but thankfully it is not hot here. Tomorrow it will only be high of 68F. Lets hope no one minds. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I can't wait to see all the pictures/videos you've taken! The fluffy homemade doughnuts sounds really good--were they freshly fried? Those are the bestest.

    No running water? Time to submerge in the rich scent of humanity. ;) To relate: I'm having a blast with 85F in the city, got absolutely intimate with some stranger's stinky breath and BO in the subway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to reply and this might be my third post lol but yea i am quite glad it is not as hot as i thought it would be over here. but i do lack the warmer articles of clothing. the food they serve here is quite starchy and high in calories lol

      my next project i really want to try is go for a run in kenya early in the morning :)it would be a "i've done it before" :P

      Delete